Development & Communications Director Job Description
Harvest House - Beaumont, TX
Harvest House is a 501c3 non-profit organization that provides advocacy, mentoring, and intervention for children who are victims, or suspected of being victims, of child sex trafficking. We are an established organization with deep roots in the community and a record of successful advocacy in the fight against child sex trafficking in Southeast Texas. We are instrumental in bringing trafficking to the forefront of public concern and are looking to increase our impact in that arena.
This position will be responsible for the following:
● Develop a resilient infrastructure to sustainably fund the Harvest House operating budget annually and provide a structured network of relationships and resources capable of growing to be able to serve the six county region of Southeast Texas.
● Engage new monthly partners committed from across Jefferson, Orange, Hardin, Tyler, Jasper, and Newton counties.
● Event Coordination and team Leadership
● Manage and maintain the email lists & send monthly emails and specialized campaigns
● Manage and maintain website in collaboration with Communications Team
● Steward donor relationships
● Manage social media accounts such that the platforms grow community awareness of the issue of child sex trafficking in Southeast Texas and recruit the community to respond to the crisis in collaboration with the Communications Team
● Coordinate media relations
● Public Speaking
● Request, receive, record and organize in-kind donations
● Volunteer Coordinator
● Recruit, onboard, and train new volunteers quarterly
● Schedule volunteers as needed
● Steward volunteer relationships
● Maintain high level of volunteer engagement to meet the needs of Harvest House and satisfy the goals of the individual volunteers
● Minimum of 2 years of experience working in non-profit development with proven outcomes. (preferred)
● Supervisory or management experience. (preferred).
● Public speaking experience and proficiency required.
● Intermediate to advanced proficiency with both Mac and PC applications.
● Flexibility, positive attitude, problem solving skills, tact, cultural sensitivity, and good judgment are essential.
This position reports directly to the Harvest House Executive Director.
While every application will be reviewed, only applicants being considered for the position will be contacted.