Child Sex Trafficking Case Manager/Advocate
Harvest House Ministry is a 501c3 non-profit organization that provides advocacy, mentoring, and intervention for children who are victims, or suspected of being victims, of child sex trafficking. We are an established organization with deep roots in the community and a record of successful advocacy in the fight against child sex trafficking in Southeast Texas. We are instrumental in bringing trafficking to the forefront of public concern and are looking to increase our impact in that arena. For more information about Harvest House Ministry, please visit www.harvesthousebmt.com.
The Child Sex Trafficking Case Manager/Advocate will be responsible for the following:
● Work to respond to calls from Care Coordinator on a 24/7 rotating basis
● Respond to call out location within 90 minutes to provide emotional support, basic emergency needs,
comforts, advocacy, and safety planning for the minor
● Provide intensive support for minor during the first 72 hours
● Follow required minimum contact protocol with youth survivor throughout service period
● Participate in Rapid Response Team (RRT) to participate in emergency placement and follow-up
● Maintain supportive contact with the survivor and appropriate parent/guardian, on an intensive basis throughout the
● Create referrals to other providers for additional services
● Accompany survivors to necessary meetings and/ or appointments
● Maintain accurate documentation and enter applicable information into web-based data
● Participate in weekly supervision meetings with Supervisor
● Maintain annual Abuse Risk Management training
● Attend relevant trainings and conferences to advance knowledge and skill set
● Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Social Work, or a related field and at least one year of experience.
- English speaker with proficiency in Spanish (preferred but not required).
● Ability to a flexible schedule, which includes responding to call outs on a rotating basis 27/7
● Valid driver's license; clean driving record; reliable vehicle, and applicable auto insurance
● Excellent interpersonal, communication, and conflict resolution skills
● Ability to maintain a caseload of 10-15
● Ability to work culturally diverse populations, to include individuals with disabilities, substance abuse, and those who
identify as LGBTQ
● Proficient computer application of programs, such as Word, Microsoft Excel, and the utilization of internet
and social media in performing job duties.
● Team Player
● Ability to manage time and resources
● Able to Collaborate and work effectively with HH staff and other stakeholders
Abuse Risk Management Requirements
● Adheres to policies related to boundaries with youth
● Attends required abuse risk management training
● Adheres to procedures related to managing high-risk activities and supervising youth
● Reports suspicious or inappropriate behaviors and policy violations
● Follows mandated abuse reporting requirements
Preference will be given to those with experience in trauma-informed crisis intervention, especially with relationship to sex trafficking. Bi-lingual English/Spanish spoken and written fluently is required. The Bilingual Child Sex Trafficking Case Manager reports directly to the Supervisor.
Upon hire, Harvest House issues a 90 day probation period for new employees.