• Faith – Alignment with the teachings and work of Jesus Christ.
• Integrity – Ethical practice, honesty, truth and transparency.
• Respect – Respect for the individual.
• Service – Highest quality of service excellence.
• Teamwork – Collaboration and creativity through teams.
Resolved, That this statement of faith adopted by the leadership of Harvest House is intended solely as a guide and should in no way be interpreted as a creed. Furthermore, this statement of faith should never be used for coercion, but rather, to provide a clear understanding of the biblical guidelines under which Harvest House operates.
Harvest House is a ministry that protects vulnerable children, strengthens families, transforms lives for generations and serves through Christ-centered values. Our values are reflected in our Statement of Faith.
Harvest House does not unlawfully discriminate against anyone on the basis of race, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or genetic information when making employment decisions or when providing services to its clients.
Statement of Faith
1. Scripture: The Bible is the inspired, authoritative word of God and is the record of God’s revelation of Himself to humanity. It has God for its author, redemption for its end, and truth without any mixture of error for its matter.
Exodus 24:4; Deuteronomy 4:1-2; Matthew 5:17-18; 2 Timothy 3:15-17
2. God: There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Genesis 1:1; Exodus 20:1; Matthew 28:19; ?John 14:6-13
3. Jesus Christ: Jesus is the perfect Son of God, revealed in the flesh through the virgin birth. His death, bodily resurrection and ascension to the right hand of God provide the means of salvation for humanity.
Matthew 1:18-23; 16:21; John 1:1-18; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8; Philippians 2:5-11; Colossians 1:13-22
4. The Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God indwelling believers and enabling them to live a godly life.
Genesis 1:2; Isaiah 61:1-3; Matthew 28:19-20; John 14:16-17; Acts 1:8; Romans 8:9-11
5. Salvation: Eternal salvation is the redemption of the whole person and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, who by His own sacrifice obtained eternal redemption for the believer.
John 3:3-21, 36; 5:24; Acts 2:21; 4:12; 15:11; 16:30-31; Ephesians 2:8-22
6. Humanity: Humankind was created by God in His image. By free choice, humanity sinned against God and brought sin into the human race. The sacredness of humanity is evident in that God created humanity in His own image and that Christ died for all humankind, therefore all life is considered sacred.
Genesis 1:26-27; 3:1-19; Acts 17:26-31; Romans 3:23-24; 5:12; 6:23; Ephesians 2:1-22
7. The Church: A New Testament church is a body of local believers who are associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel.
Matthew 16:15-19; Acts 2:41-42; 44-47; 13:1-3; 15:1-30; 1 Corinthians 1:2
8. Unity: In Jesus Christ, all who follow Him are unified as the Body of Christ, with equality across racial, gender, and social classes.
Acts 2:44; Romans 10:12-13; Ephesians 4:3-6; Colossians 3:11
9. The Family: The family is established and ordained by God as the primary institution in which children should be cared for and nurtured by a mother and father who are united in marriage. Marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in a covenant commitment.
Genesis 1:26-28; 2:18-25; Matthew 19:4-6; Mark 10:6-9; Ephesians 5:21-33